Sunday, October 21, 2007

We read "I'm a Big Brother now"

Last night after a long day of running around to my oldest sons t-ball game, grandmas house, the mall and the Oh so dreaded trip to the supermarket with the baby and him. We were pretty tired, but my son regardless of how tired he may be, always always has to be read to in bed. So, I decide to read the book "I'm a big brother now" Since We had a baby in July and he is still learning about babies. This book helps the child with understanding that because there is a new baby in the house and they require a lot of attention. It does not mean that Mommy and Daddies love for them has changed. It helps to reassure him. My son has done really well in all this, he loves his baby brother and does not seem to be too jealous. When I finished, I asked my son;
me: "what do you like best about being a big brother?"
he quickly replied;
B: "eating bananas, apples, pop tarts and Ice cream!"
me: ha hahah hahah ah
then he is quickly dozing off but then I guessed he remembered one more thing he liked; I'm thinking he is going to say something about the baby, but;
B: "ooh yeah and drink juice too!"
and before I could say anything back he was complete knocked out. Kids are so precious and just when you think you're going to get a straight answer out of them, they manage to surprise you. I love it.

No comments: