Monday, October 15, 2007

Rough day..

Today I feel sick!! I have a sore throat and runny nose that I got from my 4 yr old son, who has a bad cough he brought home from school. It seems like I cant keep up with all the stuff going around in his school. I just felt like today I was not going to make it. I have a 3 month old baby boy and any new mom knows that can be hard on your best day let alone on a day where you just dont feel good. All I want to do is go to sleep, but lord knows I cant. In a few hours I was going to have to go pick up my oldest from pre-k. Gotta get things done before i go so that I can try to stay ahead of the game ( dinner, chores, etc). It's funny how your kids can turn a rough day into a bright, better day. When I picked up my son, he greeted me with excitement. He proceeded to tell me how he learned about ants!! Fire ants, worker ants, army ants and that he told his teacher, Ms. Teresa that he did not want to be like a fire ant because they bite mommies and daddies. Kids!! All I can say is that at that moment I kinda forgot all of my ailments and tried my best to be cheerful my son. Motherhood by far has been the most rewarding and the HARDEST job I've ever had. Bar None!!

No comments: