Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Bad day, What else is new?!

Today I am exhausted!! Yesterday was just HARD. My day started bright and early at around 7 am. Got up and got my son ready for school. Had the usual morning argument with Pumpkindoodle (that would be my 4 yr old) about why he cant take toys to school. He is totally into airplanes, cars and trucks. It so happens to be airplane week for the letter A. he is so argumentative, you'd think he was a lawyer. He gives you points in his favor as to why I should allow him to bring his jet to class. He will say;
Pd: "Mommy, Ms. Teresa (his Pre-k teacher) said I could bring my Airplane because, it's the letter A and we could bring things that start w/ A"
now, how could I say no to that!! you may wonder?! well, its real easy. I had let him take things to school before, however I was informed by his teacher that he will watch those items like a hawk and not pay attention to the lesson. This is where I draw the line and say, NO!!
Then once that little issue was settled, I drove him to school and chatted with other class mommies and then came back home. Now, hubby and baby were waiting for me very happily. I made him breakfast then he took off for work. Alone at last, I say! OOh wait a minute, I forgot about the sleeping baby. he he...bad mommy!!. I scold myself.
I proceed to prepare for the rest of the day that is only bound to get more hectic as the hours pass and I do
some laundry
prep dinner
bathe baby
check email\
pay bills
cried some "You know that goes, one minute I'm happy and full of energy and the next I'm crying my eyes out"
the OMG!! it's 2:15 pm time to go get pumpkindoodle.....rush rush rush!!!
then I get him, give him a snack so that he can have some time to play before we have to leave to yet another T-ball game....which by the way he is doing extremely well for a kid who 2 weeks ago was pulling out little flowers for mommy mid-game. 2 hours later i give him dinner and off we go. I am so proud
So, anyway, by the time we got home after the game and everything else, it was 8:30 pm wayyyyy past his bedtime. I gave him a bath, read him a story, hug-kiss and I swear he was out in like 1 minute.
Now i move on to infant and give him a bath, his bottle and off to sleep too. Thank God he is a good baby. and I made it to bed about 11:30 I was just dead by then.....
like I have said many times and dont think I'll tire of saying it. "being a mommy is the hardest job I will ever have" So I better do a good job.

No comments: