Thursday, October 18, 2007

T-ball....run..run...run

Ok, so my husband and I decided to enroll our oldest son in T-ball, we thought it was a good idea to have him do some type of sport and be around other children more since there's not much he can do with his baby brother who is only 3 months old and most of his cousins are girls. So the adventure begins!! where I live it has been raining almost on a daily basis and I mean pouring cats and dogs so the team has not been able to get in all of the practices they needed before the season started. Mother nature, gotta love her!! so the past week we have had 3 games. we've won 2 and lost 1. I have sat there so proudly watching my son who happens to be the youngest player in his team ( Yankees) play with dirt, pull out the weeds and dance in the middle of the field to the beat of his own tunes. All I can think is how cute!! But will my son ever listen to the coaches who have to constantly bring him back to his playing position?! I thought it was going to be impossible!! but last night something wonderful happened...my kid was actually listening and he did so well that he hit the ball and got on base all the way home without getting tagged out. Holy Jesus!! by this point I am jumping up and down and cheering so loud for my little guy and I could tell that he was so proud of himself too...he just stood there on home plate showing off for about a minute just smiling real big and looking at my husband and I as if saying with his big expressive eyes LOOK AT ME!!!!
Mom and Dad...I DID IT!!!!!
Yeah!!
I was soooo proud at that moment I could have melted. hahahahahha
We won the game. my son won a medal from his coach for running really fast and listening. That was the highlight of my son's day. That is all he talked about on the ride home and I'm sure when I pick him up from school today I will hear some more. I LOVE IT!! besides it gives me another approach on how to teach my son about effort, team spirit and good listening skills.

No comments: